Thursday, March 16, 2017

Alice in Wonderland Baby Shower

*This is a crosspost from the blog i kept during pregnancy. I loved the baby shower my mom and sister threw for us. I chose the theme, but they took care of ALL the details! While it was a baby shower for me, all the decorations were repurposed later in the year for my niece's birthday!


Down the Rabbit Hole
An Alice-in-Wonderland theme party

My mom and sister threw us a beautiful theme shower and everything was spectacular.

I (of course) was Alice for the day. My hair was fabulously curly, but the humidity got to me about halfway through. I still had a fabulously curly ponytail ;)

Follow the signs!

We're going to Wonderland!


Down the rabbit hole (on an adventure into parenthood!)
It's a teaparty!!!
Flowers with faces as the center pieces. See the queen of hearts tarts?
You could take your cup of tea in the assortment of mismatched and unique vintage teacups or drink "Lemonade that makes you smaller" or "Lemonade that makes you taller"

Lots of yummy desserts, almost all homemade by my sister but complemented by boxed goodies too (my mom found the cutest chocolate mushrooms!)
In addition to the array of teacakes and desserts, there was a buffet line of finger sandwiches, crudite, curried carrot soup, and mini quiche

Party favors! I had a beautiful keepsake teacup (the peacock!), a there were blue sixlets with "Take Me" messages and keys.
Activities included making mad hatter hats, "white rabbit" boo boo bunnies, and flamingo croquet!

Invitations said "It's a boy! And we're entirely bonkers about him! (All the best people are) Join Samantha & Robert on their first trip down the rabbit hole-into parenthood!" and thank you cards were gifted along with the list keeping track of gifts :)

Games were played- baby shopping list, how big is belly (39"), etc. These cute pocket watch necklace with rabbit and drink me charms were a prize, but as Alice, i got one to keep either way :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know about this baby shower party. Recently, I booked one of exotic San Francisco event venues and arranged my cousin’s baby shower party. Decorated venue with amazing decorations and had excellent time there.

    ReplyDelete