Thursday, July 23, 2020

Free Up Your Spice Cabinet

Time for another review of eco-alternatives I LOVE: Gneiss Spice!

Gneiss Spice is organic, refillable, uses eco friendly packaging AND is super cute to boot with hexagon jars. 





It's an investment, and my collection has been built over a few years, but almost all of my spices are on my fridge instead of taking up space in the cabinets! You can buy it already in the jar with the label stamped into the lid, or you can buy jars and labels and spices separately, and purchase your refills in compostable packaging!


I use my fridge (which is not uniformly magnetic btw), but they also sell wall plates. Some people do under-cabinet mounts using knife plates!

Im thinking about switching all my loose leaf teas to this system as well 😉
There's no kickbacks for sharing my favorite "good things" with you, but when i find an eco-alternative that i just *love*, i want you to know about it too!

Full disclosure: i often buy my hexagon jars from other online retailers like this one. Honey suppliers are also a great source. Ive even found them cheap on poshmark! Ive found the little ones are 1.5oz. the large are 4oz, and the tall are 6oz. I buy my niodymium magnets on Amazon. I also sometimes use tack magnets to keep jars from sliding on my unevenly magnetic fridge. I usually end up paying ~$3/jar with magnet instead of $6. Sometimes i get them even cheaper! Because i have purchased jars from Gneiss in the past, i have labels, but you can purchase labels on their site without the jars, or if you have a label maker, that works too.

Update: i *did* switch my teas. I often buy my jars cheaper from other sellers, and these 6oz hexagon jars were taller and thinner my regular ones, but still great for tea 😁

I used some of my little ones for single serving teas from my sipsby tea subscription (one of the few subscriptions ive kept for years!) This particular set of jars came with jute cord and cardboard tags, which i love because my teas change frequently!

No comments:

Post a Comment